Front End Developer at DotscienceApply Now
Dotscience is hiring remote front end developers, to help tackle some of the considerable challenges ahead in developing AI for production use. We’re working in React and Redux, and we’ll support your learning if you need to cross train.
Our end-to-end machine learning toolset helps our customers stabilise and scale their AI initiatives; from development to production, we help them track full evolution of models and metrics throughout the lifecycle. Think ‘DevOps for ML’.
We’re building from the ground up, inheriting zero legacy code. Collaborating with our product and design teams you’ll understand user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate them into a pragmatic, effective and well-implemented technical solution. We’ll listen to your opinions and actively encourage you to make recommendations on improvements to our products.
Now is an exciting time to join us: we’re hiring a range of front end skills and we can potentially shape your role in ways that build upon your strengths.
Example early projects
- Implementing the UI for the Dotscience stack
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues faced when dealing with large datasets and complex workloads
- Collaborate with product, design, and software engineering teams, to deliver compelling user-facing products
We’re looking for
- Passion for building beautiful, responsive and accessible front ends and a clear understanding of what makes an interface easy to use
- A good grounding in developing front end solutions, around any of; data visualisation, workflow automation, data tools, user consoles, CLI’s
- Solid understanding of Computing or AI – gained from practical application, or through education
- Familiarity with the principles of Agile, automated testing and continuous delivery
- A desire to learn, to improve and to share knowledge with colleagues
- Someone comfortable with change and pragmatic decision making
Current stack – we’ll welcome your influence
Salary and benefits
- £60,000 to £80,000+ negotiable – we’re keeping an open mind
- Flexible and family friendly working environment – no core hours, work at the times that suit you
- Remote workers package, including fully expensed work travel costs
- 25 days holiday + UK national/public holidays/local benefits | private medical cover | life cover/income protection insurance | group personal pension/contributory pension | conference involvement encouraged | open source projects include Tensorflow for Dotscience and Jupyterlab plugins for Dotscience