Front End Developer at Inboxlab
Inboxlab, a fast-growing digital publisher, is expanding!
Inboxlab builds brands that expand perspectives through the wonder of learning, by delivering educational and entertaining experiences directly to the inbox. Since beginning our story, we’ve had one goal in mind: to become an engine for optimism. We firmly believe that the more connected to and aware of the world around us we are, the better off humankind will be.
Two years in, we’re profitable and VC-free, and we’ve amassed 19 million subscribers across brands in the travel and gamified education verticals — with a pipeline of new brands to be launched in the future.
Our team of 50+ is insatiably curious, infectiously optimistic, radically connected, and intentionally intrepid. We operate as a distributed workforce, working remotely from around the world. As a team we interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York and Buenos Aires. If that resonates with you, we should talk!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a full-time, permanent role within an expanding team dedicated to providing high-quality, industry-leading solutions to facilitate the growth ambitions of the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-skilled team with a proven success rate at a crucial point in its UX and CRO journey. If you’re fluent in all things CRO, know how to develop front-end websites, are keen to manage projects, and generally obsessed with winning in a mobile-first world, we want to meet you. We work lean and fast to build and iterate quickly, so we need a do-er who is also interested in influencing the product roadmap and owning A/B testing. Rigorous testing of everything on the site (you excel with A/B test methodology, and know how to read the data from test callouts).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Responsible for front end development from idea generation to release of all optimization initiatives & a/b experiences
- Accountable to the Director of Optimization for implementing tests, front-end changes according to specification and schedule and for overall test performance and conversion improvements
- Lead the A/B testing program with a focus on implementing strategies that improve conversion rate & user experience.
- Manage the end-to-end optimization testing process, including prioritization, requirements gathering, implementation, measurement, analysis and next-step recommendations
- Create, execute, and refine new testing strategies that directly address business goals and challenges (creative, copy, UX, UI, product features)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to effectively communicate test results, insights, and recommendations to internal teams
- Exposure to Optimizely, Hotjar or equivalent testing platform tools (e.g. Adobe Test & Target, FreshMarketer)
- Contribute as a team member and work collaboratively to meet business objectives
- Work with other parts of the business to discuss and implement ideas for website improvements
- Implement Technical SEO foundational work to optimize our sites for the organic search channel
- Communicate with the management team and translate business needs into technical specifications and requirements
- Experience working with Git and sharing code repositories
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development, conversion optimization, or agency or digital marketing experience
- The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced atmosphere
- Strong knowledge of UI/UX design patterns and website best practices
- Ability to create A/B & Multivariate experiments
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization principles and best practices
- Must have an analytics experience
- Extreme attention to detail with a focus on Quality Assurance (QA)
- Desire to learn new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have creative problem solving and good analytical skills
- Must work well with cross-functional teams
- Attitude to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is needed to get the job done
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!