Front-end Developer (UK) at Etch
Note: This posting is over 30 days old and may no longer be accepting applicants. Check out some more recent jobs instead!
We establish long-term relationships with clients to help them improve and maintain their online services.
- An Angular design system used by a team of 50+ developers, to develop multiple front-end apps, for 6 different brands and millions of end-users.
- A Vue component library, including assistance with integration. We work closely with the internal development team to support the UIs use in multiple apps and countries.
- A suite of apps and widgets used by a UK sustainability charity.
- A suite of apps for a company in the accountancy industry. Over 40,000 users a month depend on this software to achieve their goals.
- You are someone who enjoys the endless endeavour of creating and improving user interfaces.
- You have experience in one or more of these libraries and frameworks: Vue, Angular, or React.
- You build interfaces that look great on any screen size and can be used with keyboard, touch, or mouse input.
- You have knowledge of the latest techniques and technology used to develop SPAs and PWAs.
- You always consider user journeys, states and interactions when building views.
- You care about the fundamentals of the web — accessibility, usability, performance.
- You strive to write robust, maintainable, future-friendly code.
- Gathering information to understand new requirements.
- Building reusable components.
- Creating interface views and states.
- Testing and refining interactions.
- Communicating progress with clients.
- Fixing bugs, updating and maintaining codebases.
- Contributing to proposals for new projects.
- Scoping features and planning sprints.
Canterbury (near London) is our hometown, but we’re a distributed team so you can work from anywhere in the UK and benefit from flexible hours.
We arrange quarterly meet-ups to bring everyone together and hang out for a few days.
It’s important that we step away from the screen. We work 4-day weeks in the summer, we take an extra week off at Christmas, and everyone is entitled to a paid sabbatical when they decide that they need to unplug.
- Position: Front-end Developer
- Location: UK
- Contract: Full-time, permanent
- Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 (+profit share)
- You are a UK resident — as much as we’d like to fish in a bigger talent pool, we can’t hire anyone from outside of the UK due to employment laws.
- You have 2 years of industry experience — we need someone who can get up to speed quickly and is already familiar with the end-to-end process of shipping software.
Want to apply?
This posting is over 30 days old and may no longer be accepting applicants. Check out some more recent jobs instead!