Front End Engineer at amplified ai
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to contribute to implementation of the client for our AI-powered SaaS application. The ideal candidate combines a passion for user experience with the engineering skills to handle tough challenges including realtime collaboration and interactive data visualization. Your role will primarily be building and implementing front end based on product features and design files. However, you’ll also work closely with the product and design teams on UI/UX to make our solution feel like magic.
This is an opportunity to engage with cutting-edge technology and work on a real-world problem at global scale. In addition to competitive compensation and benefits there is also room for the right person to take on increased responsibilities. And it’s a lot of fun (although fast-paced and even chaotic at times) working as part of a small, passionate team.
We’re looking for cultural add rather than cultural fit, though we believe our culture means those are one and the same.
- Take responsibility for our application’s front end, which is a single page application written in React
- Solve complex problems related to display and interaction of large scale data and AI-powered results
- Develop new customer-facing features
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Write well-tested and reusable components
- Benchmark and optimize components for performance in the browser
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
- Comfort with ES6 and newer versions of EcmaScript
- Experience with front end state management such as Redux or MobX
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs (and/or GraphQL)
- Experience with front-end development tools such as Webpack and Babel
- Experience testing React components, preferably with Jest and Enzyme
- Comfort using version control
- Passion for AI and excitement about new developments
- Experience using TypeScript
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with GraphQL in production
- Experience with data visualization
- Understanding of functional programming paradigms and how they apply in React
- Experience contributing to back end code
About amplified ai
At Amplified AI, we are a rapidly growing team dedicated to changing the way the world innovates. Our mission is as important as it is audacious. Advances in science and technology are the only opportunity to solve many of society’s greatest threats, such as access to clean water, climate change, and antibiotic resistance. We’re not sending humans to Mars (yet), but we are enabling the people building that technology to get there faster.
Guided by our core values, we push the boundaries of applied artificial intelligence to design creative solutions for systemic problems. For example, we created a map of the world’s patent knowledge in order to empower inventors, attorneys, and patent offices with more accurate insight into the state of the art in any given field. As a result, our customers benefit from dramatic increases in efficiency and society benefits from a fairer system that promotes innovation instead of litigation.
- Remote-first: we’ve operated remote-first since day one
- Paid time off: time off is important to doing good work
- Flexible work policy: we care about what you do, not when and where
- Mission driven: impact is just as important to us as our bottom line
- Diversity and inclusion: committed to a genuinely inclusive workplace
- Interesting tech stack: Deep learning, Elixir, and GraphQL in prod
- Training/development: conference attendance, books, courses, and more