Front End Engineer at MANSCAPED, Inc
MANSCAPED is a fast-growing men’s consumer brand that makes and distributes personal care products built to “Refine the Gentleman.” These products encompass a portfolio of mechanical devices, replacement blades for the devices, and a suite of grooming products for these focus areas and beyond. MANSCAPED operates as a truly global omni-channel brand. The company distributes via a Direct-to-Consumer website, as well as through Amazon and selected Brick and Mortar retail partners. In addition, MANSCAPED has expanded beyond the US to service customers in the UK, Australia, Canada and EU Nations.
Our Technology team is growing, and we are searching for an experienced, technically curious Front-End engineer with a wicked sense of humor. This position will be responsible for developing and updating our E-commerce website, customer account pages, and internal portals and tools, from layout to function, while keeping our established Brand at the forefront of all decisions. The Front-End Engineer will work cross functionally with other departments to generate innovative, functional, and breathtaking pages that feature user-friendly design and effortless navigation.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Research solutions to challenging frontend issues
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Follow guidelines and best practices for accessibility and SEO
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Other duties as required
- 3+ years experience in frontend development
- Proficiency working with APIs
- Ecommerce experience preferred, Shopify experience a plus
- Experience with Gatsby / JAM stack preferred
- Experience with Theme UI is a plus
- Proficiency using TypeScript is a plus
Keys to Success
As a member of the technology team, success will be measured based on the below:
- Doing Your Job: Setting and meeting appropriate goals that ladder up to the long-term Company vision and the short-term Company targets. You are expected to align on these goals with your manager, and then deliver on them.
- Doing Your Job, the Right Way: In our team we strive to be ideal team players. That means striving to live up to the Humble, Hard Working & Smart framework.
- Engaging (in both directions) with Radical Candor in a way that seeks to improve the performance of yourself and the team around you.