Frontend Developer at Sport WhispersApply Now
Are you an experienced developer that wants to build reliable, highly performant and scalable software in the realm of sports analytics?
We are on the journey to build the platform used by the world’s best-known sports organisations to engage fans, grow audiences and reduce cost. We have a great client list, traction and we are well funded.
We’re currently looking to add individuals to our team with good working knowledge in developing and running highly performant web apps using VueJS.
- You’ll be experienced in building software from the ground up in VueJS and Vuex, and will have an appreciation for other frontend js frameworks.
- You’ll be a good communicator, dedicated to producing clean well tested and structured code and evangelise Agile methodologies and practices (Unit Tests, E2E Tests, CI/CD).
- You’ll have some experience deploying and supporting your applications in cloud-based production environments such as AWS.
- You have a good eye for design and particularly UX – you care about making your apps look and work beautifully.
- You have a can-do attitude and are keen to share your knowledge.
- You are able to manage yourself, occasionally defining your own tasks (such as for maintenance).
- A love of sports and in particular football (soccer) is definitely a bonus (almost a requirement tbh!)
- A basic understanding of backend development (to help in rapid prototyping) would also be of interest but is not a requirement.
- You are based either in the UK or on the east coast of Canada.
You’ll be given a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Building out the embedded components used both on our own and on our customer sites, ensuring we provide highly performant, beautiful content.
- Working with our data science team to productise sport analytics concepts.
- Building out rapid prototypes of product ideas to allow us to test them before committing the resources needed to fully productise them.
- As we are a DevOps environment you’ll write solid, well-tested code to ensure that all your time is spent working on new features and not maintaining existing code.
- You’ll provide guidance and code reviews to more junior team members.
- You take ownership of the development of new features on both the website and web apps – finalising requirements, prototyping, and realising the vision together with the rest of the team.
- Helping to improve our product by suggesting and implementing improved ways to code an amazing customer experience.
- Writing clean, efficient, reusable code, learning new technologies and building works of art.
The technologies you’ll be exposed to
ES6, VueJS/Vuex, React, NodeJS, SASS/CSS, Webpack, SVG, GraphQL and Jest.
Working for Sport Whispers offers many perks, but, the key thing is that we are a talented team with a passion for the product we are building. If you do join our team you will benefit from:
- The flexibility of remote work (with allowance for co-working membership to ensure you don’t go stir crazy at home)
- Competitive salary
- Staff share ownership scheme
- Excellent holiday allowance
- Top of the range equipment budget
- A range of other benefits including healthcare and support for a gym membership