Frontend Engineer at PSPDFKitApply Now
We’re looking to hire a frontend engineer to join our team working on PSPDFKit for Web. We are building a modern PDF SDK with technologies like React, Flow, Jest, and WebAssembly. Our customers host the PSPDFKit for Web Docker container themselves or rely on our WebAssembly renderer.
- The ability to work remotely and set your own schedule.
- Room for personal and professional development by encouraging learning and experimenting.
- Two planned company events during the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
- A motivated team and a work culture that enables you to do your best work.
- A generous vacation policy of five weeks, plus an additional allowance for conferences.
Your Day at PSPDFKit
Your day at PSPDFKit starts with an asynchronous today message in our team’s Slack channel, where you outline your goals for the day so that everyone on the team knows what everyone else is working on. All our regular company meetings occur on the same day each week, so most of the time you’ll be able to focus on your assigned tasks without interruptions. You’ll work on both adding features to our Elixir and React applications and improving the stability of our existing applications together with our customers. We strongly believe in code quality over quantity, which is why new changes undergo a proposal phase where everyone on the team is invited to collaborate. We write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests and do peer reviews for every change.
Beyond working on features and bug fixes, we also take time to help you improve upon your personal goals (through regular 1on1s and mentoring). Our remote-first focus allows you to set up working hours that best fit your daily routine. You can read more about our onboarding period here.
PSPDFKit helps companies and users increase productivity across the globe. With our robust PDF solutions, we ensure developers and end users have the highest quality tools available to do their best work. Trusted by industry leaders such as IBM, SAP, Lufthansa, and United Airlines, PSPDFKit is the go-to solution for integrating PDFs into your app. Find out more about us on the team page.
- Work as part of a small, driven team that builds new features and fixes existing issues on a steady schedule, all while preserving a work/life balance.
- Make architectural decisions that will impact thousands of products for years.
- Write readable and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
- Take the time to do things correctly instead of hacking together quick fixes.
- Collaborate with the entire company (Android, iOS, Windows, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, and Sales) using Slack, GitHub, and Zoom.
- Have a high-level understanding of the web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, DOM, CSS, and the browser as a platform).
- Be eager to learn new technologies (e.g. IndexedDB 2, Service Workers, WebAssembly), while keeping an eye open for fallbacks for older browsers (we support IE 11+).
- Have a strong interest in building user interfaces that are easy to use, responsive, and accessible to a broad variety of people.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working on a passionate team.
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
- Understand the challenges of working on a distributed team.
Please note that you can be a perfect fit even if not everything we’ve outlined above applies to you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to apply and ask.
See full posting here: https://pspdfkit.com/jobs/frontend-engineer/