Frontend Engineer at Parse.lyApply Now
We are seeking a senior developer who loves programming and shipping production software, but who also has keen design instincts and an ability to simplify, simplify, simplify — until the data speaks for itself.
Our frontend team owns the core experience of Parse.ly’s customer-facing SaaS products — most importantly, its real-time analytics dashboard.
Parse.ly is a fully distributed team, which means 100% of our engineers, designers, and product managers (including our founder & CTO) work out of home offices. Most of the frontend team is located in US/Eastern and US/Central timezones. We’ll also give preference to those timezones, because even though we operate on a distributed/async model, we like to have timezone overlap for f2f (video) collaboration and pairing. We prefer to hire US-based candidates, but we’ll consider Canada, Mexico, and Argentina for this role.
So, you might wonder, how do I get an interview with Parse.ly?
To prove design instincts to us, we ask that you point toward some work you have done in the past that showcases your frontend, UX, or data viz design tastes. For example:
- A web portfolio of data visualization sketches, e.g. on bl.ocks.org, codepen.io, or similar.
- Dribbble, or similar, screen crops of your designed interfaces.
- Screenshots of past products you have worked on and how they looked in a shipped state, with some explanation of what parts you worked on, and how it was built. Using something like Dropbox is fine.
Or, if none of the above are available, feel free to get creative! Perhaps include a recorded live demo (you could try loom.com to record it); share a link to a recorded presentation at a conference or meetup; or, even share raw notes captured from your notebook. Indeed, photos of your design sketchbooks are very much welcome!
What You’ll Do:
- Come up with novel interface implementations and data visualizations.
- Write code in Python that power our Django-based HTTP API.
- Creatively sketch and design new product features.
- Analyze customer usage data to improve shipped features.
An Ideal Applicant Will Have:
- 5+ years experience in technology.
- A preference for self-sufficient productivity.
- A highly organized and disciplined approach to self-improvement.
- Comfort with git, the command line, and Python.