Frontend Software Engineer at Grafana Labs
Note: This posting is over 30 days old and may no longer be accepting applicants. Check out some more recent jobs instead!
Location: Remote – Global
Grafana Labs is the company behind Grafana, an open source dashboarding tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics. It’s commonly used for infrastructure and application monitoring, but we’ve also seen installations to monitor things like beehives, power-plants, or even ambulances. Grafana’s mission is to democratize metrics: users can create dashboards that help them get insights into how their applications behave, enabling them to iterate, take action and improve faster. Commercially, Grafana Labs sells enterprise support plans and has a hosted metrics/logs offering.
We are a family-friendly company (lots of us have kids) and consider ourselves a remote/distributed company. Even if you are located near one of our offices in New York, Stockholm or Berlin, working from home is both common and encouraged.
What’s it like to work at Grafana Labs?
At our core Grafana Labs is an open company. We believe that open source is the superior way to build and deliver software. We also believe in being open and transparent with our employees. We believe that transparency breeds trust and that trust is the foundation of great teamwork. We actively seek to break down silos, empower employees with information and allow people to “see the whole picture”. This transparency extends to our strategy, our financials, our successes and failures. We empower our team to make their own decisions and trust that they will try to do the right thing.
We are a remote first team. Our three founders are on three different continents and our team of 60 global employees are based in 17 different countries. Hiring remotely unlocks the broadest, most diverse, most talented pool of potential employees. It also means that we have built our culture around a flexible and autonomous work environment based on trust.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and to do their best work. We know that our company runs on the smart work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Skills & requirements
- Experience building applications in React
- Ability to deep dive & troubleshoot modern web application issues and work with profilers, debuggers and bundlers.
- Values code maintainability, readability & unit testing
- Strong written communication skills
Technologies you’ll work with
- Emotion & SASS
What you’ll be doing
We are recruiting for several Grafana Labs teams, both existing and new. As a Frontend Engineer, you could be working on one of our open-source projects or on the frontend for one of our cloud products or on a new green-field project in the monitoring/observability space.
- Collaborate with UX & graphic designers to turn their designs into great user experiences
- Example: New dashboard search UI and new Alerting UI in Grafana.
- R&D: Build new apps for Grafana
- Example: work closely with UX and Product to iterate on new tools for monitoring
- Implement visual designs using clean, reusable components
- Examples: Visualization options (sliders, toggles, etc)
- Expand and improve our core libraries that other teams and the plugin ecosystem will depend on.
- Examples: Page layouts, menu’s, drawer, plugin build tools.
What will you bring to the role?
- Experience creating great web-based user experiences
- Help us create a modern, innovative & maintainable frontend application & platform.
- Familiarity with Linux and any of Prometheus, Graphite, InfluxDB or Elasticsearch would all be a strong advantage.
- Experience with remote work is a strong advantage.
What we offer?
- Work in a motivated, highly engaged remote team that’s supportive and open to constructive feedback
- Projects that give you feeling of making an impact both on our community and your colleagues
- Opportunity to grow in multiple dimensions and build experience in developing a big SPA
- Exciting mission and strategy to make an open platform for metrics, logs and tracing accessible to everyone.
Want to apply?
This posting is over 30 days old and may no longer be accepting applicants. Check out some more recent jobs instead!