BidWrangler is a profitable, investment-backed startup that builds innovative technology for auction companies. We’re looking for a front-end developer to help us build the next generation of experiences for our platform that services more than 200 different auction companies all over the world selling everything from multi-million dollar estates to farm equipment to small household items.
The first generation of our platform was built on top of Ruby on Rails + Angular. We believe in adopting new, modern tools and techniques to constantly improve our product. As such, we’re building the next generation of functionality from scratch on top of React. We’re currently exposing our HTTP/JSON-based API through Redux/Redux-Saga to our frontend but have plans to integrate GraphQL with subscriptions.
We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, VA but have people on our team in multiple places in the US, as well as in Europe. We’re 12 people strong (with 6 developers) and are active users of Slack, G-Suite, Zoom, GitHub, and other technologies that make it easy for us to be a high productivity remote team. We also believe that time spent together in-person matters for a thriving culture so we budget to bring people together at least annually to hang-out, learn, plan, drink lots of beer, and have fun.
- 3+ years of experience delivering high quality, robust applications.
- Courage and composure to find elegant solutions to problems with which you have no previous experience or examples.
- Operations-minded; showing aptitude preventing problems before they’re deployed and master-level skill debugging and solving problems that only show up in production.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Use your expertise, communication skills, and influence to make everyone on your team achieve even better results.
- Ownership mentality. We don’t hire people who just need a job. We hire people vested in the long-term performance and financial success of BidWrangler.
- An ideal candidate needs to be comfortable working across the entire stack from the browser to AWS/Ruby on Rails backend.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Work remotely from any place you want.
- Competitive salary and holidays package.
- Very relaxed and family-like atmosphere.
- Be part of small team where your contributions makes a real difference.
- Fun trips to our headquarters in Virginia, USA.
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualified candidates will be contacted and scheduled for a virtual interview
- Upon a successful first interview we will request the completion of a short coding assignment
- Secondary interviews may be scheduled
To apply: Email your resume to email@example.com