Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. The company provides 1-on-1 learning through its network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development and data science, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S.
About the Role
Thinkful’s Flexible Web Development course pairs personalized mentorship with a curriculum tailored to launch aspiring developers’ careers. Join us in helping motivated learners get to those aha! moments.
- Motivate & foster best practices with your student(s) as they work to build project management skills, a strong portfolio, and the confidence to network and interview for jobs.
- Work with Program Managers to provide detailed feedback on student success, including struggles or technical mastery issues.
- Meet one-on-one with your student(s) in hour-long sessions, held twice per week.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience as a Software Developer, or demonstrated expertise in using front-end technologies at an industry level
- Professional experience using either Node.JS or React.JS (and/or Angular)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High level of empathy and people management skills
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection
- This is a part-time role (10-25 hours a week)
- Fully remote position, with the option to work evenings and weekends in person in 22 US cities
- Community of 500+ like-minded Educators looking to impact others and keep their skills sharp
- Full access to all of Thinkful Courses for your continued learning
- Grow as an Educator