Junior Frontend Developer at FrontityApply Now
Frontity is a vibrant tech startup based in Madrid, Spain. Our overall mission is to make building delightful user experiences universally accessible.
We have created an open source framework for building React frontends using WordPress as a headless CMS. We aim to disrupt the way user interfaces are created in the WordPress ecosystem (which represents 34% of the Internet and growing) and become the de facto solution for the next-generation of the web. Frontity framework is built on the principles of simplicity and collaboration, while using open source technology and embracing a thriving community of people who love the open web.
We have been working in modernizing the way WordPress works since 2015 and have a deep understanding of the ecosystem. We are a group of passionate professionals and we are looking to scale our team and build a solid foundation for our company’s future growth.
This year Frontity was one of the top startups selected to join the Google for Startups Residency Program in Madrid. We also raised a seed round from K-Fund, one of the biggest VC funds in Spain. We currently have offices in Google Campus Madrid but we love working remote as well.
Details of this position
Supported by our community and our developer advocates, the development team is the main orchestrator of Frontity. It is in charge of the design and creation of the Frontity framework and all its surrounding tools.
As part of it, you will learn everything about React and the latest web technologies. You will work adding features to the framework, creating extensions to enhance its functionality or building additional tools to make the life of the WordPress developers much easier.
- Location: Madrid (Spain) or Remote
- Type of work: Full-time position
- Start date: Immediately
- Create starter themes and extensions for Frontity.
- Add features to the framework core.
- Work in the Frontity Admin.
- Work on the Frontity.org site when needed.
- Help write guides and tutorials.
- Help write and improve the framework documentation.
- You are proactive, not afraid of new challenges and care about the things you’re building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are good at making technical language understandable.
- Experience with Node and npm.
- You have experience with CSS.
Nice to have:
- Experience with open source projects.
- Some experience with git.
- Some aesthetic/design skills.
- A side project you have created yourself.
- You have managed WordPress sites before.
- Experience in a previous startup.
- Social media presence (as a developer).
What we offer
- Competitive salary negotiable based on experience.
- Access to stock options plan.
- Flexibility to take time off when necessary, 28 days paid-vacation policy + 14 bank holidays.
- No extra hours. Never ever.
- Cool offices in downtown Madrid or 100% remote friendly startup.
- Join a small and friendly team that works in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Work on an open source product that can have a huge impact on millions of websites.
- Summer team retreat. So far we’ve been to Vienna, Paris, Belgrade, and Berlin.
How to apply
If you want to join us and build the future of the web, please fill this Google Form ̣
During the application:
- You’ll have to upload your CV somewhere and send us a link, but you know how to do that, don’t you 😉
- We expect you to know a bit about Frontity, the best way is to become familiar with our project is by taking a look to our **Repo on Github** (stars are welcome 😜 ), our Documentation and our Community.