Are you an expert at React, Redux, Webpack, browser APIs, ES8, and the rest of today’s modern frontend stack? Do you want to have a team of your own and work on a web application used by hundreds of thousands of users?
If so, we’d like you to learn about Files.com!
Our frontend developers are responsible for all client-side code that runs in browsers and mobile apps here at Files.com. We use state-of-the-art tooling, such as React 16, Redux, Redux-Saga, and React Native on the mobile side. We obsess about testing, code reviews, and keeping production code size low. Files.com currently has many features that are available in its API that are not available in its frontend UIs, so a considerable part of this job will be building out new features and releasing them to customers as soon as they’re ready.
Here are some example projects that our Frontend Developers have worked on recently or will work on soon:
- Rebuilding our internal CRM dashboard in React.
- Building a browser-based file uploader that works in all browsers, supports resume, and is able to automatically detect the closest server for uploading.
- Building notification panes that show “push notifications” to our users about updates to their files or workflows.
- Enhancing our security by adding several new Two-Factor Authentication methods, such as U2F, SMS, and Yubikey.
- 7+ years of applicable experience.
- 2 years of experience as a team lead or manager
- Experience building and delivering React/Redux applications that have seen actual production usage.
- Understanding of the language features of ES6 and ES8.
- Understanding of common browser APIs and recent extensions to the HTTP protocol as they relate to frontend development.
- Understanding of how to write secure frontend code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
- Experience with at least one major Redux side effect library such as Redux-Thunk, Redux-Saga, Redux-Loop (We use Redux-Saga).
- Contributions to major open source projects.
Salary, Pay, and Benefits
Files.com offers industry-leading salaries based on experience combined with unparalleled flexibility and other benefits to secure top talent.
You’ll take off 11 company-wide holidays per year as well as 20 days of PTO for vacations. Go have fun. Don’t work all the time.
We will provide you a $2,500 signing bonus to purchase a new computer, desk, or anything else that would help build or refresh your home office.
We’ll update your salary annually based on your performance, as reviewed by your peers.
We fully pay base plan health insurance premiums (exact plan details depend on your state of residence), and we’ll pick up the tab for 75% of your spouse or dependents if they wish to join your chosen plan. We want your family to be healthy.