At Mimo, we believe that coding can open doors to careers and opportunities like few other skills. That's why we've rallied around the common goal of making coding universally accessible.
We're looking for a frontend developer to join our cross-functional Bootcamp team. You will be responsible for developing features that will shape our brand-new product, helping us become the largest tech school and helping millions more to learn to code.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll apply a component-driven approach, using React, Nextjs, Storybookjs, and XState in the process.
- You’ll own features end-to-end, from planning and implementing, to shipping and optimizing.
- You’ll drive business impact by securing a smooth page speed and a high site performance.
You’ll thrive in this role if
- You’re a seasoned developer. You have multiple years of experience as a developer shipping features for large-scale and real-time applications building consumer-facing products, and actively helping others to improve.
- You’re a product-minded engineer. You’ll foster this mindset by sharing knowledge and ideas and challenging what’s already there.
- You bring excellent attention to detail. You’ll put our learners first when reasoning trade-offs while caring deeply about close attention to detail.
- You care about code quality. You follow engineering best practices like code reviews to ensure and maintain excellent application performance and code quality.
- You're passionate about creating fast, smooth, and user-friendly web experiences. You have a keen eye for web performance and a solid understanding of Core Web Vitals.
- You have a sense of ownership. You believe in solving a problem entirely rather than simply shipping a solution. You operate autonomously and follow through on your commitments.
How we work
- We’re a distributed team working between the time zones of Eastern Standard Time (UTC -6) and Eastern European Time (UTC +2) for collaboration. For this role, we ask you to be located adjacent to Eastern European Time (UTC +0 to UTC +2).
- If you’re located outside this time zone range and want to move to the company’s official headquarters in Austria, we’ll handle the work permit process and cover travel expenses.
- If you prefer to work outside your home, we offer a physical location in Vienna and co-working stipends in other cities.
- We love working async. You can set your own pace and schedule.
Our global perks and benefits
- We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
- 25 days of paid vacation in addition to your local public holidays and paid sick leave.
- We sponsor team retreats throughout Europe and remote-friendly activities, like hack weeks and coffee breaks.
- To further develop yourself, use our €1k growth budget for books, online courses, conferences, or anything else that supports your development.
- To give our menstruating team members the time off to cater to their health when needed during their menstrual cycle, we offer up to 2 days of paid menstrual leave per month.
- Your annual gross salary is €61k, which will automatically increase by 5% yearly. No questions asked.
- The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers, and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
With the Mimo app, we've made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a habit of coding and reach university-level learning outcomes. And with the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way toward becoming the world’s largest tech school. If you, too, want to help millions of people learn to code and eventually become developers, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.
Our 4-step hiring process, in a nutshell
- You’ll first have a video call with a member of the People team for a quick get-to-know chat.
- Then, you’ll be given a take-home challenge to work on. Don’t worry; we know you have many things on your plate and good things take time. You won’t be given a deadline.
- Next up is the technical interview to show off your skills to the hiring manager.
- Lastly, you’ll meet your potential future peers for a laid-back conversation.
- If everything goes silky smooth, you’d be receiving an offer from us shortly after. Fingers crossed!