Rails Frontend Engineer at whitespectreApply Now
We’re looking to add a smart Rails Engineer who loves creating beautiful frontend experiences to our team. We have a new platform to build and you can help make it happen.
We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed team of 70. We’re proud of the way we get great work done. Our clients love working with us and we partner with them on long-term projects. Some examples here. Are you looking for a new challenge?
What do we offer?
- Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team
- A focused adherence to our agile/scrum processes (we really believe it helps getting good work done)
- Hard problems to solve (you won’t find all the answers on Stack Overflow) – and the opportunity to own the solutions
- A great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Meetups in our Barcelona offices for our remote folks
- Competitive rates
- A long term working relationship
- Working on ecommerce and back-office functionality to support hundreds of thousands of users.
- Occasionally going more to the backend and implementing business logic to solve cool problems.
- Working within a fast moving team (working 11am – 8pm Central European time)
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, defect free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications – managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Good English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+ full-time project) for the right candidate. We are looking for remote workers (most of the company is remote) or have openings based in our Barcelona office.