React and React Native Developer at Undefined LLCApply Now
Are you a professional React or React Native developer looking to break from your corporate overlords and get involved in a small number of popular projects? Interested in being treated like an adult, having flexibility in your schedule, and doing more with AI and AR?
Undefined LLC is looking for 2-3 Full-Time developers to help take our iOS & Android app (built in React Native) to the next level, including adding new screens and user experiences, adding animations, and incorporating AI and AR. You’ll also continue to build out various React web applications to accompany the app.
You’ll love working at Undefined if you can:
- manage your time when given a specific set of tasks
- manage yourself when given a less-than-specific set of to-dos
- not push to production when you meant to push to staging
- jump into someone else’s code without needing to rewrite it just because that’s not how you would have done it
- estimate hours and scope within reason
On a daily basis, you’ll be developing new features in our app in React Native or working on the websites (React) to support the app (a customer-facing site and an admin dashboard). Both are stable; so, you won’t likely be consumed with bug fixes, though this is a portion of your responsibilities.
You may be involved in internal app planning sessions, but if you’re more of a doer than a people-person, that’s fine too! We all communicate on slack throughout the day and hold weekly and as-needed phone/video meetings for catch-up and planning.
You’ll report directly to the project owner.
You’ll definitely work with:
- SCSS & HTML
You will probably also work with:
- NoSQL & MySQL
- Consuming APIs
You might learn or interface a little with:
More about the position
This is a full-time, salaried position open to US applicants. We offer health, life, vision, dental, and paid time off. Remote employment is available, but no outsourcing.
We’re ready to hire today, and we move quickly and act decisively; so, contact us immediately if you’re interested.
About Undefined LLC
Undefined’s sole focus is to develop and scale our internal businesses. You’d be working on one or both of two projects:
- a fitness app (iOS & Android, built on React Native) with related dashboards and marketing sites built in React or PHP
- a Shopify store (which needs small, custom Node apps built a few times a year)
On a daily basis, our team works on the fitness app and its related web properties, optimizing, bug-fixing, and adding new features. Our roadmap includes goal tracking, nutrition information, and bringing in AI to help add accountability to our customers.
The team primarily communicates via Slack because some are in-office in Louisville and some are remote, but we also hold scheduled or spontaneous video conferences when we need to regroup.
Everyone works hard, but is hardly overworked. We’re not one of those as-seen-on-tv tech companies where everyone is playing ping pong or getting massages, but we’re also not corporate overlords benchmarking lines of code per minute.
We operate with a few simple rules/thoughts:
- Act like an adult and you’ll be treated like one
- If you make a promise to a team member (or anyone), you’ll see it through (even if that means working late or on the weekend – hey, you made the promise)
- You’ll never get in trouble for asking questions, but for doing something stupid because you didn’t bother asking
So yeah – that’s how Undefined works. Interested?
- Paid time off for vacations, sick days, or just because you want to
- Grown-up benefits like health insurance, 401(k), dental, & vision
- Full-time employment
- Management develops, so we “get it”
- Somewhat flexible hours
- Act like an adult, be treated like one. (That’s a baby icon, right?)