You love great UX. You spend most of your time coding, but you also have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX. Maybe you were once a designer (or still are) or maybe your creative outlet has always been the code. Either way, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can’t control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You love sharing knowledge with the rest of your team, building shared tooling for other engineers, giving back to the open-source community, and directly helping customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research, guide, and execute frontend architecture changes, including but by no means limited to planning our migration to React, implementing Redux best practices, and transitioning code to TypeScript.
- Build reusable React components, migrate AngularJS components to React, manage data on the client with Redux, and test everything with Jasmine.
- Measure and resolve performance bottlenecks, using tools like Chrome DevTools, Lighthouse, WebPageTest, or custom tooling.
- Work closely with our product, design, and UX teams to create amazing and intuitive experiences that make it effortless to connect different apps together.
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our code quality.
- Review code written by other team members or other teams.
- Ship to hundreds of thousands of users every day while having lots of autonomy in terms of code and feature ownership.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with building and maintaining a SaaS product at scale
- An affinity for creating software that is extensible, performant, and easy to read
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field