Senior Front End Engineer at Host ComplianceApply Now
Are you a top-notch Front End engineer with extensive AngularJS and React experience? If so, we need to talk!
We’re looking for a world-class front end engineer who can help us architect and build reliable, beautiful, user friendly web applications around our APIs and data services. The apps you will build will make a real difference in thousands of peoples lives and will help local governments address their challenges around Airbnb-style short-term rentals while making it easy for short-term rental hosts to play by the rules.
- Build user friendly web-applications that makes it easy for citizens and local governments to participate in and manage the sharing-economy
- Produce scalable, well written, testable code
- Expand and improve our existing AngularJS code base while migrating it to React
- Make constant, measured improvements to the application’s user experience
- Fix defects and add features to our legacy jQuery and HTML based tools as needed
- Assist with refactoring, adding tests, and otherwise improving existing code base
Required Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role you must be technically strong and a person who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment. We solve hard problems on tight deadlines and release multiple times per week. In addition you must have a strong technical background and solid experience with:
- AngularJS 1.x (3+ years)
- React (3+ years)
- jQuery (3+ years)
- Experience with data visualization.
- UX design experience
While not required, we would also be thrilled if you had:
- 3+ years of “in the trenches” startup experience
- Experience with Agile / Scrum development processes
- Experience working with a distributed software engineering team
- Experience working with back-end systems built on:
- Google APIs including Google Maps API
As a true meritocracy we care a lot about your abilities, attitude and work-ethic. We do not have requirements for educational background or physical location. Our hiring process reflects this, and to be sure this job is the right fit for you, we will test you on the skills required to do the job successfully. The initial tests will require only a small time commitment from you, and we will only ask you to do additional tests if you pass the prior tests. This way we won’t waste your time, while making sure that you have the skills this position requires. Later tests will require you to actually code and ship product in collaboration with a team. If you get to this stage we will of course pay you for your time. We think this is the best and fairest way to make sure that you like working with us and that you are a good fit for our team and culture.
Who We Are:
Host Compliance is a privately held tech company headquartered in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley. Our vision is a world in which the sharing economy works for everyone. We seek to contribute to this by being the leading independent and trusted third party that local governments can turn to for data, tools and impartial advice on how to implement and enforce local rules for Airbnb-style short-term rentals. You can learn more about us from these articles from the Wall Street Journal, CNN and CBC News. The team behind Host Compliance consists of an experienced group of data scientists, engineers and business people with backgrounds from Caltech, Harvard and McKinsey. The company is profitable and since launching out of Stealth mode in Q2 2016, it has grown extremely rapidly.