Senior Frontend Developer at Universal AvenueApply Now
Do you enjoy writing well tested, well thought out frontend apps? Do you enjoy working with GraphQL, Cypress and React? Come join our product team at Universal Avenue as a senior frontend developer and help us ship outstanding software.
What you will do
As a senior frontend developer at Universal Avenue you will be working towards setting good standards when it comes to testing and architecture of the platform.
Together with our team you will use our design system to build out new functionality while also improving existing features.
You will be responsible for working on the core parts of the platform that everyone else relies on when building features for our customers.
You will work together with other frontend developers and designers to optimize processes and systems to enable us to deliver as good a product as possible.
- Use Cypress / other testing tools to build and ship working software for our users.
- Use React to construct re-usable, user-friendly components and put them to use throughout our platform.
- Work with, and learn together with an international team while shipping software to users worldwide.
- Do code/design reviews and other tasks to help improve the overall quality and stability of our platform.
Who you are
We look for people who are passionate about what they do best, people with a can-do attitude, lots of energy and a strong entrepreneurial drive. Together we can build a team that is motivated not only by profit but also by purpose, the feeling that the work truly matters.
You are a persistent and curious person that is encouraged to inspire change on a global scale and have dedication to something bigger than yourself. You are a standout colleague that can handle a high level of flexibility and freedom.
As a senior frontend developer you want to write code that is both well tested and well architected. You like when things work the way they are designed to work and you are also happy to help the team grow in skill by guiding less experienced team members towards best practices / tools.
- 2 years of html/CSS
- 2 year of React or similar
- GraphQL / Apollo experience
- Experience with Jest / Enzyme / Cypress / similar testing environments
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
Nice to have skills:
- Opensource contributions
- Experience working with/on design systems
- React Native
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience working alongside frontend developers and designers
- Design experience
- Sketch knowledge
This is Universal Avenue
Universal Avenue digitalize small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Since 2014, we have gained the trust of 23,000 local business owners to supply them with the solutions they need to grow and compete.
Our B2B commerce platform unites sellers, buyers, and sales partners in one ecosystem where they get access to:
- Sellers – a global B2B distribution network
- Buyers – a wide range of solutions to digitalize and take their business to the next level
- Sales Partners – a turnkey platform to increase earnings by connecting buyers and sellers
Universal Avenue is based out of Stockholm and backed ($16 million) by MOOR (the private investment arm of Kaj Hed, main owner of Rovio, creator of Angry Birds), Fidelity (Eight Roads), Northzone and Salesforce Ventures.
Come work for a company that encourages personal development and a diverse mindset. Our team today consists of people from across Europe, US, South America, Africa and Asia. We believe that by mixing people from different cultures and locations we achieve the best results.