Senior Frontend Engineer (Europe) at BlueLabs SoftwareApply Now
A few months ago we started out with the vision of building a next generation sports betting platform focused on performance, reliability, modularity and automation. We believe that our experience paired with today’s technologies, great talent and the agility of a startup environment will enable us to deliver a best-in-class product that meets the demands of the market of tomorrow.
Our Client Team is now on the lookout for a Senior Frontend Engineer who wants to join our distributed team and help us execute our vision.
The Client Domain is all about innovation. Here we shape our products to satisfy the needs of our heterogeneous customer base. To achieve this you will collaborate closely with the Backend Engineers of the Client Services Team to design the most optimal APIs to be used in our client applications.
As part of this team, you will play a key role in the development of our web and mobile applications for both, end users (i.e. players) and internal users (i.e. back office users). Building these from the ground up offers a great opportunity for you to take important decisions with regards to our architecture and workflows.
You will be tasked to find the right technology to solve the challenges we face, take responsibility for the implementation, and share your knowledge with your peers.
We are hiring for talent, not for a specific location. You will find that members of our team are distributed all over Europe. Being a distributed team enables us to hire only the best, without being restricted to the talent pool available at a specific geographic location. However, to facilitate team communication and collaboration we currently require you to be located in a European time zone (between UTC-1 and UTC+3). You must also be able to travel to other European locations a few times a year for on-site meetings and workshops.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €50k-70k annually, depending on your background and experience. As an independent contractor you will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees in your country of residence (unless you are based in Malta, in which case you will be employed). In addition to that, we offer a number of perks to each of our team members as we truly believe in a healthy work-life balance and continuous learning.
- Solid experience with at least one main frontend framework
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS standards
- Proficient user of a modern development toolchain: linters, package managers, bundlers, Git, continuous integration pipelines
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks
- Interest in keeping yourself up to date and learning new languages, frameworks and technologies as required
- Interest in taking full ownership of your applications and managing them in a production environment including the troubleshooting of live incidents
- Product-oriented mindset and eagerness to take part in shaping the products we build
- Highly process driven and eager to learn
- Ability to work autonomously in a fully distributed team
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English