- Developing new user-facing features and applications using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Writing Component Test, SCSS and CSS styling of components.
- Help build tooling and infrastructure reusable for future projects
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- React Native Experience a HUGE plus
- Experience with Redux
- Familiarity with writing ES6
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and Oauth
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with Jira a plus
About A Different Engine
A Different Engine is a interactive agency with offices in San Francisco. We specialize in developing for emerging platforms like Mobile Devices, Gaming Consoles, and Connected TVs for large media brands such as the UFC, Warner Brothers, Showtime and Starz. We’re a small team and while we’re not a start up we try to foster that kind of atmosphere and team. We provide a lot of room to grow as a developer and, we turn over projects quickly so you’ll get a lot of variety with respect to the scope and nature of projects and technologies. We’ll set you up with the tools you need and you won’t get stuck iterating on the same code base over and over. We like smart, creative and fun folks. Join Us!