Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, NRG, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As a Front-End Engineer you will have ownership over large end-to-end projects ranging from our developer dashboard, vehicle simulator, connect authorization and Smartcar’s static sites, while having the opportunity to mentor members on the team.
Feel free to check out what our interview process looks like.
This opening is remote within the United States. We'd love for you to join us!
- Own and iterate on Smartcar’s user-facing experiences including the Developer Dashboard, Connect Authorization flow, Documentation, and other static sites
- Maintain entire sections of our platform by taking projects from idea to implementation
- Manage metrics instrumentation across all user-facing applications through Segment
- Collaborate with Marketing to support tooling and automation needs
- Create and maintain a shared component library
- Work with other engineers and designers to build, deploy, and maintain full stack applications
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure high standards
- Help develop implementation strategies and timelines for new projects based on business requirements
- Mentor and collaborate with other engineers
Who You Are
- 2 - 5 years of experience building web applications in a production environment
- Experience with automated testing, and continuous integration workflows
- Comfortable with peer-reviews in a pull-request workflow
- Experience with web-development tools such as React, Node.js, Webpack, Redux, SASS (or equivalents in other front-end ecosystems)
- Background with designing complex, modular, reusable front-end systems optimized for simplicity, performance, and browser compatibility
- Experience with testing front-end systems with one or more of the following: user testing, unit-testing, browser automation; familiarity with testing frameworks (such as jest, mocha, etc)
- Enjoys mentoring peers on the team and is experienced working in a team setting
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent experience
Angie Shields, Director of Engineering
- Allison Chen
- Kayleigh Foley
- Tae Lee
- Sakshi Garg
- Thach Do
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $140,000 - $155,000
- Remote work within the United States
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
- You are free to work standard work hours for your time zone.
- One important note: Most of the team is based on the west coast therefore please expect to be available between the hours of 9AM and 4PM PT for outreach or meetings. We will do our best to ensure meetings are not late in your evening, but will not always be able to do so
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.