Sr. Frontend Engineer at Source CodersApply Now
You’ll be working on the frontend of the MyTime web application, working closely with a talented team of UX designers and engineers to implement and ship scalable and well-tested features in our highly available platform. You’ll strive to create responsive pixel-perfect web UIs while simultaneously solving scalability problems, performance optimizations, and complex business logic. The MyTime application is used by millions of consumers and tens of thousands of employees each month to interact and transact with one another in the modern era. Engineers at MyTime are responsible not just for writing code, but ensuring that it gets deployed and works properly in production.
You should have prior experience developing high quality software and be excited about doing it at a fast growing company. You should also know how to have productive technical discussions and be ready to continuously iterate on features based on feedback from our analytics as well as user feedback.
You’ll also help in other aspects of building a new company: Designing features, making good product decisions, and building a culture of excellence. While we work independently, we support each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, and pair programming which facilitates learning and reducing friction in our nightly release schedule. We’re seeking engineers who are ready to attack deep technical challenges as well as have an impactful role in product and company development!
- Develop, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that our software meets business, quality and operational needs.
- Focus on scalability, speed, cross-browser compatibility, security, and availability of all applications and processes.
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, devops, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance.
- Work with team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- Manage technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
- Motivate and educate team members on coding standards and best practices. both within the team and as part of the architecture group
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience, with at least 2 years building Single Page Applications; Angular or React is a plus
- Comfortable writing test suites and specs in our test-driven environment
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization in the frontend
- Detail oriented and conscientious in implementing designs you have signed off on
- Self motivator with strong communication skills
- Degree in computer science or a related field is preferred, but not required