UI Developer at CrowdStrike, Inc.
Note: This posting is over 30 days old and may no longer be accepting applicants. Check out some more recent jobs instead!
About the Role
We’re building a welcoming & flexible team that prizes collaboration over competition, one which provides opportunities to learn new skills, mentor junior developers and contribute to the direction of both the team & the products we’re responsible for. This is a high trust environment where we allow team members to manage their own time, take holidays as they need it and reward them with competitive salaries and equity.
Our stack is Ember, but if you’ve used frameworks like React or Angular you’re the kind of person we’re looking for and we’ll help get you up to speed. As we support only evergreen browsers we can push the boundaries of what’s possible on the web as a platform, on top of a system that strips any hyperbole from the term “big data”. In close collaboration with analysts & clients you’ll get to see the apps & visualisations you’re building used every day to hunt for hackers and protect systems.
Our ideal candidates are sensitive to the needs of the users of their software & love learning more about their tools every day. Get excited about new features in Chrome Devtools? Tested your work in screen readers? Ever lost half an hour getting an animation’s bezier curve to be just the right kind of bouncy? Looking for a challenge that’s out of the ordinary? Get in touch.
Apply with your CV and tell us a bit about why you would like to work at CrowdStrike and if you wish include links to your portfolio or projects you’ve worked on.
We’ll aim to review your application within a day or two and if we think you’ll be a good fit we’ll schedule an initial phone call. If we think CrowdStrike might be the place for you after that we’ll invite you for an on-site interview where we’ll review some code, discuss architecture in modern web apps, work processes and professional development. This will be followed by a second technical interview by video call, after which you’ll get an answer within 3-4 days.
We’re looking for the following skills but welcome all talented candidates:
- A desire to collaborate closely with users, designers, & testers to deliver quality software that solves problems.
- Experience with testing frameworks, tools and methodologies such as QUnit, Mocha & Selenium.
- Functional knowledge & interest in developing genuinely accessible interfaces.
- Strong HTML & CSS skills, with bonus points for experience with animation, knowledge of approaches to scalable/modular CSS, & preprocessors such as SCSS & LESS.
- Familiarity with client-side build processes & tools – Grunt, Gulp, Ember CLI etc
- Comfortable with Git/version control workflows.
Bonus Points Awarded For:
- Experience creating or contributing to open source projects.
- Experience with graphics & visualisation tools such as D3 or ThreeJS.
- Interest & experience with design & data visualisation.
- Experience with coaxing that last frame-per-second out of browsers.
Want to apply?
This posting is over 30 days old and may no longer be accepting applicants. Check out some more recent jobs instead!