UI Engineer at Auth0
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
As a UI Engineer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. This involves working closely with designers, to turn their static designs into working browser based web pages and server-side developers to implement their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites.
Provide accurate timing estimates on work.
Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification). Discuss technical solutions with clients and provide innovative new ideas to solutions.
Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporate these in future projects, staying ahead of the market, and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work.
- Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification).
- Discuss technical solutions with clients and provide innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporate these in future projects, staying ahead of the market, and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced modern html knowledge: valid, semantics, properties, APIs and more.
- Advanced modern css knowledge: advanced css3, flexbox, grid, animations and more.
- Advanced modern js knowledge: ES6+, callbacks, promises, async/await, classes, this keyword and more.
- React knowledge: jsx, binding, classes, methods, state, hooks and more.
- Knowledge on modern styling solutions: styled-jsx, styled-components, emotion or others.
- Cross-browser and cross platform development: user agent, stylesheets, detection, APIs and more.
- Experience integrating server-side code: node.js, async calls, CORS, error handling and more.
- Good understanding of npm and node.js: working with a package.json, npm script, locks and more.
- Good understanding of web accessibility
- Good understanding of version control systems such as Git
- #US; #AR; #CA;
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!