Salary Range: $80000 - $100000
Hi, we're Banzai!
Today, marketers have access to more resources and tools than ever before, so why is most marketing so cringe-worthy?
Marketing has lost touch with the humans behind the clicks, opens, and form submits, but Banzai wants to change that. That's why our mission is to make marketing more human.
At Banzai, we think the secret to better marketing is educating, learning from, and building relationships with buyers. This new approach is called Engagement Marketing.
Banzai is leading the Engagement Marketing movement. Our products reach millions of users every year and help our customers drive more revenue through better events, webinars, content, and data. Best of all, Banzai makes marketing a little more human for all of us.
Join Banzai to help build a future that puts people at the center of marketing.
Banzai is looking for a Frontend React.js Engineer to join our team.
Expectations of Role:
- Develop web apps using React consuming server-side JSON restful services, WebSocket events, and WebRTC streaming
- Discuss with the team to understand the functionality and come up with innovative ideas for the frontend development for the best user experience
- Diagnose and solve problems quickly and effectively as they arise
- Discuss with the team tasks to be done
- Performs code reviews for team members
- Follow best practices and guidance to build an easy-to-maintain and extend the high-performing application
What an average day/week looks like:
- Work together with the Product and Engineering teams on the current sprint/cycle
- Work together with Backend Engineer on creating/updating API endpoints or WebSocket events
- Create unit-tests
- Refactor the code. Improve the code quality
- Write a small daily report (just a few lines) about the work progress
Desired Qualifications, Skills, & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the Frontend Development area
- English: free speaking level (fluent/advanced)
- Knowledge of HTTP and WebSocket protocols
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Can create Unit-tests for components that you created
- Experience with LESS, SCSS, and CSS Modules
- Experience in NodeJS
- Strong experience in the Git subversion system
- Continuously learning new techniques, interested in exploring the tools that big companies use, and are aware of the trends in the frontend dev community
- Located in the timezones between GMT -1 and GMT +4
- You are a strong team player in a flat-structured, highly collaborative environment
- You have excellent communication skills and participate actively in team meetings and discussions
- You are flexible and can handle constant changes in business requirements
- You have UX sensibilities to offer opinions on how things look and work
- Willing to work close to UTC/GMT +3 hours
Nice to Have
- Experience running webinars
- Experience in creating and supporting UI libraries with Storybook
- Experience in WebRTC
- Experience in testing frameworks
- Experience in CI/CD
- 401(k) plan (US based)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability insurance (US based)
- Unlimited PTO policy (salaried) or hourly PTO policy
- Remote first company
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- Working with a truly mission-driven team motivated by excellence
- Real room for growth in professional and personal development
- 2 paid mental health days every quarter, plus one full week of paid mental health rest every year
- Clear objectives, direction and empowerment from executive leadership
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
Frontend Development: 5 years (Required)