Salary Range: $90000 - $120000
At (catch), we're building a virtual health storefront and nationwide provider network that helps enterprise healthcare systems better attract, serve, and retain patients.
We started (catch) in 2022 to create the kind of healthcare experience we want for ourselves—one that is personalized and straightforward to help us find the care we need at the right time. We are venture-backed and led by successful founders, builders, and operators behind some of the most transformational startups in digital health in the last decade.
We’re looking for exceptional engineers to join our team. If you are an energetic professional who enjoys the thrill of working in an early-stage, innovative, fast-paced environment AND believe healthcare should work a whole lot better, we’d love to hear from you.
- An experienced founding team that will provide an environment where everyone can give their best, influence and shape the product, and grow as individuals. We have seen what works and what does not.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Equipment stipend to support your home office needs
- Professional development stipend
- Generous PTO
- We pass the Joel Test
- We pass the Pragmatic Engineer Test (10/12)
- We will prioritize the following NA criteria as we grow
- Career ladder (when above 10 engineers)
- Parallel IC & manager tracks (when above 30 engineers)
- You will work directly with our founders, Chief Product Officer, and CTO to design, build, test, deploy, and maintain scalable and multi-featured single page web applications with a “you build it, you run it” mindset. We highly value ownership.
- You will help set up processes to guarantee the long-term success of the (catch) engineering team.
- You will use your experience to act as a mentor to help your teammates grow, and are equally open to learning from them.
You'll ideally have
- A degree in Computer Science or a comparable field. We are open to an alternate career path as well.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building complex products.
- 2+ years of experience working with React and Typescript.
- Ability to write clean + maintainable code with attention to performance, but also be able to ship quickly + scrappily when the occasion calls for it.
- Strong understanding of UI design principles, including UX/UI best practices and accessibility guidelines
- Comfort shipping features end-to-end, from defining the product spec to deploying to production
- Experience implementing automated testing frameworks for front-end code
- Been part of an agile development team and have experience in collaborating with your teammates in the product management and design disciplines.
- You favor open communication, constant feedback and effective decision paths that optimize for learning.
Tools we use
- Frontend Stack: TypeScript, React/Preact, React Native, Tailwind CSS, Chakra UI, Urql, GraphQL, Next.js
- Frontend testing: Jest w/ React Testing Library, Playwright for End-to-End testing
- Frontend tooling: Next.js, Webpack using ESbuild, ESLint, Prettier, Sentry, Honeycomb, Github
- CI/CD: Daily automated deploys and rollbacks, PRs merged in < 2 days.
- Backend Stack: Nest.js, Node.js with Typescript, Temporal.io, Hasura for GraphQL APIs
- Infrastructure: AWS (ECS, S3) configured with Terraform, Vercel for FE Hosting
- Issue tracking: Linear
- Databases: Postgres, Redis