Salary Range: $120000 - $180000
- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys, universal search etc.) to drive user engagement. Watch a short demo here.
- We’re a remote-first, Series A VC-backed startup and currently ~45 team members, distributed across the Americas and Europe. Learn more about our team, company, and culture here.
- Looking for a Frontend Engineer with 4+ years experience living in the US 🇺🇸 , Canada 🇨🇦 or Brazil 🇧🇷 to join our product team
- Salary range for this role is $120-180k per annum (offer will be based on your seniority and geography)
- We try to resemble what it would be like working together through the application process, while also allowing you to show your skills early in the process!
- View the full Job description and more information about the recruiting process here
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), ART (UTC -3), UTC -4, UTC -4:30, UTC -3, UTC -2
💬 Why this role now?
Our product team is ~10 Engineers, 3 QAs, 1 PM, 2 designers, Engineering Manager and our founders. We are building the best product in our category and are shipping great functionality but we want to go even faster 🚀
We are concurrently hiring another designer, and another PM so we can build two pods of work (core and growth/new).
We raised a Series A last year after years of bootstrapped and sustainable growth, so are in a financially strong position. We have never conducted layoffs and believe in thoughtful hiring.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer who excels in a fast pace remote environment, is enthusiastic about building excellent software, and enjoys tackling a diverse range of problems.
📅 What your day might include (+ our stack)
You will be primarily working closely with the Product team (~10 Engineers, 3 QAs, 1 PM, 2 designers) on our React web-app.
- Collaborating with the Product team to review product specs (Notion)
- Review designs and help shape the eventual UX of new features (Figma)
- Work on your Sprint backlog; highlight your questions, document your progress (Trello)
- Review poll requests of other engineers (Github)
- Record “product walk” videos to solicit feedback and to show off newly built things (Loom)
- Low-latency pairing with other Engineers to make progress with the high context (Tuple)
- 2-3 scheduled calls per week (yes only 2-3 🤩) everything else covered ad-hoc, async, through peer pairing or monthly 1-1s with your manager (Slack, Google Meet, Lattice)
- Work on our customer dashboard building new UI/UX (React, Rails, Node.js)
- Create, build and maintain reusable React components
- Write testable well documented code (Cypress, Jest)
- Make customer experience with Chameleon memorable and lovable
- Support keeping our platform secure and reliable (MongoDB, Heroku, AWS)
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
- 4+ years working full-time as an Engineer and 2+ years of React experience
- Experience collaborating with other Engineers
- Fluency with React / JS / HTML / CSS. Opinionated about the right way to JS.
- Independent and self-motivated mindset; proactive in finding solutions while able to structure your own work with minimal management
- Be able to provide guidance and answers the first time, see blind spots and complexity before it impacts the flow of work
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection (we’ll send you a new M2 Macbook air with 16GB ram)
- You are located in the US 🇺🇸, Canada 🇨🇦, or Brazil 🇧🇷
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Learn more about our team, culture, and vision on our company page.