At Vitally, we know the most powerful tools or cleverest feature sets aren't worth much if the end-user struggles with their interface, and we need help building out and improving our user-facing code base as we add new features and scale our product to serve more customers. If you have experience building high-quality web apps that are easy to maintain and extend, we want to chat.
We'd love to find someone with these traits to join the team:
- You are an exceptional engineer with excellent problem-solving skills
- You collaborate well with designers, customer-facing teammates, and other engineers to deliver helpful features and improvements with solid technical foundations
- You're familiar with common server-side systems and patterns (ORMs, job systems, MVC frameworks, restful apis, etc.)
- You have at least 2 years of professional coding experience (preferably with some focus on client-side web development)
Additional points if you:
- Have extensive experience with Node, Typescript, React, & Redux
- Have experience working with relational databases (we use Postgres)
Some work you might do:
- Build a calendar or kanban-style view for tasks in the Vitally product
- Help implement a visual builder for automation flows that allows users to create complicated systems that are easy to set up, change, and understand
- Build green-field user-facing features like new integrations, independently or in collaboration with a back-end developer (depending on your skill set)
- Improve and augment our existing set of reusable components and document them in our styleguide
- Review existing components and features for usability and accessibility and make improvements
- You tell us! We're proud of the work we've done so far, but there's always room for improvement. You'll be encouraged to take ownership of the codebase and product and surface work that you think is most valuable.
Vitally is a Customer Success platform built for strategic and proactive CS teams looking to easily prevent churn and retain (and identify) their best customers. Some of the best CS teams at companies like Zapier, Segment, and Productboard trust Vitally to unify their customer data. We make it possible with our powerful analytics dashboards, intuitive automations, and project management tools that all together make their customer data collaborative, measurable, and actionable for all key stakeholders-- from CSMs to CEOs.
We’re a high-growth, VC-backed startup who, at the end of the day, are looking to onboard people who want to have a profound impact on both the business and their own career. How? Working together to build the future of Customer Success.
If you get excited about ownership, autonomy, impact, and quality output -- then we’re excited about you. We’re not here to hold your hand, but we’re here to build a great product together.
Benefits & Culture:
- Salary: We offer a competitive salary given both your experience as well as location here in NYC (although remote is also totally fine). The comp band for all engineering roles starts at $160,000 and increases based on the skill and seniority of the candidate.
- Equity: We want every team member invested in the company’s success and are happy to be generous with equity.
- 100% of health/dental/vision insurance premiums covered by us for you, your partner, and your dependents.
- 401k with a company match.
- Commuter benefits.
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum we require you to take off. Please relax and recharge!
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home policy.
- WFH stipend to ensure your work environment meets your standards wit (i.e. laptop, monitor, etc).
- Education stipend.
- Culture: We are committed to a productive and respectful work environment. Culturally, the team is extremely friendly, fun, hard-working, intelligent, and mature. That said, while we're young and scrappy as a team, we don't believe in building a startup cult. We like each other, we support each other, we're a focused team that busts our asses at work, and we enjoy hanging out from time to time-- but we value having our own lives outside of the office.
- Team + tech: You seriously won’t find another team out there that outperforms us, so get ready to put your name on a ton of future work here! Our tech stack is handcrafted for extremely rapid, but stable, development - we ship fast, performant, quality code frequently.
- Career path: Not only will you learn and ship a ton in this role, but since we are a small team, there will be plenty of promotion opportunities ahead. We're looking to hire someone that can continue to own large parts of our codebase as the team grows.